Saturday, May 13, 2017

First Day of Roofing

The big day is finally here!

Ever since we closed on this house (before, actually) we've been worrying about the roof, especially with all of the rain that was happening, and the major leak. So yesterday, the first day of roofing, is especially exciting. Also, the fact that this weekend's weather turned out to be perfect.

A word about worrying. Basically, I've been worrying. About EVERYTHING. And I'm pretty sure that I'll continue worrying, but it was brought to my attention lately, that the reason I'm worrying is because I really want to be in control of everything. Is that too much to ask?? So anyway, a timely Bible reading (yesterday morning after a day of craziness and worry), made me stop and once again give this project over to God and try to enjoy the ride instead of sucking all of the fun out of it by worrying:

Psalm 127:1-2

Unless the Lord build the house,
they labor in vain who build.
Unless the Lord guard the city,
in vain does the guard keep watch.

It is vain for you to rise early
and put off your rest at night,
To eat bread earned by hard toil--
all this God gives to his beloved in sleep.

The first and part of the second day of roofing this house is just about tearing off the old roof and putting up OSB wherever needed. Seeing the condition of the wood underneath the old roof, they are saying we might not need as much as we thought, so that will save us money, yay!





Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. That's good news! I am just noticing the little caps on the tops of the outsides of each window- there's probably a name for that part of the window. Those are so pretty though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that too! I can't figure out what it's called either, I just go with..."exterior window trim" but that can't be it.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, that is great! I was thinking of you guys a lot this weekend and feeling thankful that the weather was so nice!! Perfect for roofing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were super relieved! The main part of the house should be done today, and then in the next couple of weeks they'll do the garage roof and the breezeway-to-the-garage roof.

      Delete