Friday, December 22, 2017

Patching Plaster....Durabond

After reading every possible technique for patching plaster, I have determined that there is NO consensus on how to do it right. Use mesh tape for cracks? Fiberglass tape? Paper tape or no tape at all? Plaster of Paris mixed with lime putty? Joint compound? Premixed? Or hot mud?

I decided to go with no tape, and to use Durabond 90 to fill the cracks, and then top with EasySand 45. I chose high numbers (drying time) to give myself plenty of time, and decided to start in the closet so if it turns out terrible, who cares!

Our farmhouse is filled with cracks and pitted walls...and they say the cracks will always be there but I wanted to do my best to prep the walls before painting, so here we go!

Beth and I tackled a coat of Durabond today, I'll post progress photos tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment