Sunday, December 17, 2017

2 Steps Forward 1 Step Back

As I said, we are living and learning. The wallboard on the ceiling in the kitchen was just not working. On the advice of Travis, the entire ceiling has been torn down - on Monday Matt and Travis will re-insulate the ceiling and put wallboard up so that it's all uniform. Matt's on vacation this week, but this ceiling was not what he was hoping to work on. That's okay, we keep saying, the interruptions and surprises and constant projects are what this house is all about for us. :)

In bathroom news (the news I'm always most invested in because when that is complete we can MOVE IN), yesterday Matt and I got some stuff done. He extended the bathroom wall up to the ceiling, and then put up a type of wallboard that is mold and mildew resistant and meant for shower walls. It was interesting to watch him make the measurements and cut holes where he hoped the faucet and handle would go and voila, it fit perfectly! Then he drilled it into the frame. It's nearly ready to be tiled!

First though, they will drill up through the new frame into the ceiling and snake some wiring in there for a shower light and fan. I ordered the tile a few days ago - I'm a little nervous about what I chose, but I'm going with my gut that it will turn out to look cool in the end!

We keep haunting craigslist for a vanity that will work temporarily - we are looking for a 2 bowl 60 inch vanity. We'd just like to put off spending a lot right now on it, so want something we can just throw in there until we save up for a nice one. I found one for $45 and reached out to the owner, but they posted it a month ago so I'm sure it's gone! That's a pretty amazing price, wouldn't that be great if they still had it?? We will see.





1 comment:

  1. Yay, it's starting to look bathroom-y!!! Regarding the vanity, I hope you get the craigslist one! That would be such a steal. If not, does it matter if it is that exact size, since you're going to get another one eventually? The only reason I ask is that sometimes I see little ones for relatively cheap (like around $50) in the circulars from Lowes/Home Depot, etc.
    Sorry about the ceiling!!

    ReplyDelete