Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Matt Pulls Up Kitchen Floor and I Help Only a Little

First Matt went around and pulled up the edge strips. This is also a look at "before":




This is a good video showing how I helped:





Here I am concerned about being hit in the face. I am slightly more valuable on this job than the videos testify, but, you know, exactly slightly:


"This is my job" - I'm telling you I held that wedge in there SO helpfully:


Lots of layers to deal with - here you can see we have only pulled up the first layer of parquet flooring. There are still more layers (linoleum and vinyl) to pull up after that:

I'm just giving you the play-by-play here!

He found the seam!




And with that we pulled the mower inside again to call it quits for the day.

A few days later, he went to work on the rest of the floor and this is what he found underneath - oak!
However, it is likely too damaged to refinish, we will see about replacing some of the wood, or just covering it all with new flooring:




2 comments:

  1. Wow - oak?!? Cool! I love how much you help, Heather!

    I'm so glad we visited because now I know exactly where you are in the house and I can picture it.

    Matt needs a giant crowbar - one that is about 4-5 feet tall. We used it SOOOO much on our reno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, birthday present?? Haha yeah I'm basically watching... I was thinking that same thing when I saw you commented - oh now they can picture where he is!

    ReplyDelete