Sunday, June 11, 2017

About 4 days ago I told Michael I would for sure post that night

But I did not.

The last couple of weeks have been so crazy and busy and I'm still trying to catch up with it all.

I had my student recital (16 students this year!) - it went great, but was hard to say goodbye to them.

Next, Memorial Day at my parents -- this was a blast because we got to show my family our house! A big group of us met at 10am and I laughed because Matt was a total tour guide with this big group of people walking around the house and then inside, so obediently following him everywhere. He is so proud and excited. Everybody oohed and ahhhed and nobody made worried faces or acted freaked out, so I really appreciated the support! Michael got to see the house for the first time too! It was great to be able to show it to him.

After that, the twins graduated! There was a flurry of last-minute assignments to finish, online classes, their senior portfolios and Beth's speech to submit, as well as the last track meet, the last baseball game, the last concerts...so everybody was rushing around. The next night I had a gig, the next day I had another gig, and then on Sunday everyone descended again on the Pardee house for the twins' graduation party! It was fantastic in every way - weather, the turnout, everything.

Wednesday I drove the twins to Somerset Beach Campground so that they could report for duty - they are staying there all summer to work. They're really excited this first week after training, because it's Senior Teen camp. Since they are barely older than the senior teens, they can't be counselors, so they are helping with activities. This is great because they get to DO all of the activities along with the kids. They will have fun.

Right now I am waiting for the photos I took today to upload so that I can post them here! We did a lot, stay tuned! This time I PROMISE I will post! Unfortunately our internet is so slow that I'm gonna have to stay up late waiting for the photos. In the meantime, here's the only photo I took from the graduation party, (afterwards) when Mark fell asleep after working hard all day helping.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I know you guys have had a pretty busy schedule lately, but seeing it all written down...whoa! Impressive! Hope you can have a chance to chill out soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely chilling out now! Our neighbors are on vacation and they said we could swim in their pool, yeah!

      Delete